UNIGIS@Kathmandu Forestry College (NEPAL) offers internationally recognised academic qualification within the provisions of UNIGIS Joint-study programme in cooperation with the Department of Geoinformatics - Z_GIS, University of Salzburg, Austria (Europe).
The qualifications are offered through 2 different study programme:
- 2-year MSc in Geographical Information Science & Systems (UNIGIS MSc), and
- 1-year Professional Diploma in Geographical Information Systems (UNIGIS Professional)
The UNIGIS MSc programme provides an understanding of the conceptual, technical, and organisational aspects of Geographical Information Science whereas the UNIGIS Professional Diploma programme develops application-oriented skills and/or improves understanding of Geographical Information Systems.
- Both the courses are offered as Full Time Study Programmes.
- The medium of instruction is English language.
- Presently, the academic qualifications 'MSc. in Geographical Information Science and Systems' as well as 'Professional Diploma in Geographical Information Systems' are awarded by the University of Salzburg, Austria (Europe).
Individuals aiming at a career in GI or professionals already active in this field who are interested in continuing education or pursuing an academic qualification while working will find these distance learning programmes particularly attractive. With the acquired know-how from these programmes, graduates are expected to master challenges in business, industry or government in any of the following fields:
- Transportation, utilities-planning and -management
- Natural resources and environment-planning and -management in e.g., agriculture, forestry, fisheries and hunting, mining
- Urban- and regional-planning
- Government – public administration, health, education
- Security – risk assessment, disaster planning and management, public safety
- Business – marketing, property development, real estate
- Insurance, tourism, and many more